Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bookshelf

Post Two on my daughters room.




This is a well used bookshelf, given to my mom by a neighbor years ago. It has four of the original oak shelves and had six glass shelves.



When we moved into this house four years ago, I put books on all the shelves in the living room. I quickly learned why you don't use glass shelves for books! So we're down to two glass shelves and four boards cut to size and painted pink!



I also painted the back pink, to blend in with the wall, since it's such a massive piece in a small room. And the four original shelves are pink, except for the trim.



In the future I may trim the edge of the plain board with lace shelving trim, a very vintage technique I was recently inspired by. But next is those curtains. Once my bronchitis leaves me!

- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment