Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Working on a skirt...

So I saw this fabulous tutorial on Cut Out And Keepabout how to turn a pair of pants into a pencil skirt.. So of course I just had the most awesomest pair of men's brown striped wool pants, stolen from the closet of my poor husband, that would be perfect! Of course I intend to make them a little more Steampunk or Victorian like. But before I committed myself to what could be a major blunder I decided to recon a pair of my husbands discarded jeans first. I'm still trying to figure it all out. I've sewn and adjusted, and seam ripped and started over...

Yes, it's a work in progress. I will finish by the end of the week, as long as everyone else's schedule and my body's sudden coughing affliction subside. Motherhood is great! Any one else hate it when life gets in the way of what you really want to do?

So here's some pics of the tutorial so you can see what I'm working on:






Anyone ever attempted this before? It turned out to be more complicated then I thought. They were mans jeans, and I have hips! But they really, really show off my backside well.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment