Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mini Chandelier




I'm redoing my toddlers room. It's taken many different directions and is still in-progress, but I wanted a mini chandelier for over her bed.



I looked around and wanted to find a plug-in, due the the fact that hardwiring one in would be costly and permanent if she decides to redecorated one day, she's only two.



I used an IKEA lamp, with an iron base and beaded red top, and flipped it upside down, using the cord as an anchor from the ceiling. I intend to make a cord cover and attach an alternate on/off switch at the plug in, but I must finish the curtains first as the left over material will be the cover.

As you can see above, I painted the base with white acrylic paint, shabby chic style. I also added a LOT of beads. As I had everything but the beads, I'm in about $20, plus the cost of a new switch at the bottom. Must pick up one at IKEA next time!

As I finish more in there, I'll put up more pics in future posts.


- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment